Wednesday, September 02, 2009

You're On

Alright Tiffany, may I call you Tiffany? You're on!

Remember that coupon lady/site I blogged about yesterday? Well, she's got my attention again. She offered up a challenge, and I love a good challenge. I especially love a challenge that I can win. Even better, a challenge that is good for me. Ms. Tiffany wants to be healthier. Me too. She needs to be held accountable for working on it. Me too. She is holding herself accountable by blogging about her progress weekly. And, she wants her readers to do the same. Misery loves company, perhaps?

We are all busy, goodness knows I don't even want to see her schedule. It must be color-coded and down the the 20 second interval in order to keep up with everything she has going on. We can all come up with excuses, no matter how bad they are. My latest is "the gym closed so I don't have child care or the chance to take a shower afterwards anymore." Sounds good to me, but also a bit pathetic.

Here we go. I'm still not sure what I am going to do. Even pushing the hooligans in the stroller is doing something. However, you get to bother me about it and keep me going. Tiffany challenged us for 12 weeks. I can do this. My last race was in February, so it's been a while. Even if I don't register and run another race soon, I have my nifty spifty watch that times me.

Enough excuses. I'm going to win this challenge. I can do this. LET'S GO!

3 comments:

The Big Sister said...

So how do you win? And how do you motivate yourself to exercise-- cause seriously I am doing good to get the dishes done...

All of Us said...

Push the kids in the stroller around the neighborhood. Ab contractions to the radio while driving carpool (thanks Amanda for that suggestion), run up the stairs instead of walking, carry a kid while doing it, leg lifts using kids as weights, tricep extensions with kid weights, pushups using the counter while dinner cooks, squats while dinner cooks... get creative, to say the least.

The Big Sister said...

I love the stroller idea- and I could almost brave 110 degrees to do it...but I just can't justify how purple Victoria and Jax get... I have got a pilates video I have used a couple of times though- its a half hour and it took me nearly 2 hours to do it because of all the interruptions...Oh well- its the thought that counts right...(although I never heard that thoughts helped you lose weight- its a great idea though!)