Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Consider Myself Warned

Lately I have been getting lots of laughs and warnings when people hear of the trouble of Jerry. The most common is something along the lines of "Well, you named him Jerry. What did you expect?" This is usually followed by some sort of story about my dad causing trouble or some sort of wild misadventure. Often these tales include my dad smiling, charming, and laughing. Yes, my Jerry is named after my dad. From all the stories I hear and from what I remember, my dad was a character. I love to hear the stories of my dad. I especially love to run into his old, and you can interpret old to whichever meaning you choose ;) friends. My Jerry is often compared to my dad, Jerry. This is fine, it is an honor. After all, we named him Jerry for a reason. So now, a request. If you have any stories of my dad that stories of my Jerry trigger, share away. At least I know my dad survived childhood without being strangled or taped to a tree. And he turned out to be a pretty decent guy too. Some days that is all I have to hold on to. "My dad was crazy, but was a great man. My dad was crazy, but was a great man. My dad was crazy, but was a great man....."

(note: if you think your stories are too long or too personal to post, feel free to email them. I would still love to hear any and all of them)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all your stories about the boys. It reminds me of my own. But I now know for a fact that this does pass. Instead of them working together to drive mom nuts, they fight with each other to get the same result.

Jean said...

I love your stories about your kids and I know that Jeff could share some stories with you about your dad...he was his hero and the only things that Jeff tells me about him are how wonderful he was and how much he loved him and that he was like a father to him...sounds to me like you have a pretty terrific dad...I'm glad my sweetheart has some of him in him.