Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Sometimes you get what you ask for, and a little more

Jerry has taken to throwing little tantrums. He is also less than great at listening. He hears just fine, but has minimal intentions of following through on what you have told him to do. Yesterday afternoon he got mad at something I told him he couldn't do. Of course he started crying and being oh-so-pitiful. Tyler said "fine, walk over there and throw a fit." Jerry did just that. He looked at us, walked across the room, threw himself face down on the floor and threw a fit. Crying, wailing, face down, and bum up throwing a fit. At least he listens sometimes. I wish I had taken a picture, oh well, maybe next time, since I am sure there will be a next time.

I went to my music rehearsal last night. I left ALL THREE boys home with Tyler!!! I got home and heard the stories of the evening's saga. The funniest, by far, was Thomas getting a taste of his own medicine. Thomas has issues with personal space. He gets way too close to people, those he knows and those he doesn't. When I tell him to look at me, he gets almost nose to nose. When he sits next to you, he touches you and talks nonstop. He doesn't quite realize what he is doing, but he drives us nuts with it. We are trying to work on it, but it is a difficult thing to teach. Well, last night, Tyler had the two boys sit on the couch together. Jerry kept touching Thomas and getting close to him. Apparently, Thomas was getting quite annoyed by it. He kept asking to get up and go snuggle with Daddy. Tyler told them to stay. They sat like this for half an hour, or so I was told. Maybe he will start to understand. Or maybe he will just return the favor when he has a chance. That's what brothers do, isn't it?

Most of you know I am a bargain hunter. Coupons and clearance and consignment sales are my friends. We use Craig's list for lots of stuff, but we also belong to a local Yahoo group called freecycle. I was able to give a bunch of stuff we don't use to someone who will use them. I had only posted an offer for one thing, but I ended up cleaning out my attic to give things away. One post and lots of stuff taken, fantastic! Even better, it is someone who wouldn't have the things in the first place. I am so glad we have been so blessed with what we have, and I am thrilled we are able to help someone else. Thanks Susan for giving me the chance to help someone else out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol. I love boys!!!! Who says girls are more dramatic?!?!?! Thank you for journaling so well. I love to read what you are all up to. Life is crazy for us the next couple of weeks, and then I should have a few minutes to post. Til then---zoo pics might have to do! Give the boys a hug and kiss for us. We love you all!!