Saturday, January 26, 2008

Ears

We have bad luck with ears in our house. I am known for nasty ear infections and have been all my life. Thomas went through two sets of tubes in six months, but has been fine so far. Jerry got tubes put in the day Michael was born. Jerry has also had two infections since, one more and we get new tubes for him too. We are just waiting for Michael to follow the trend. Well, I said Thomas has been fine since... until now. Last night he told me his ear hurt. I asked him when it hurt and he said when he breathes. Great, here we go again. I gave him Tylenol and put him to bed, and told him to tell me if it still hurt in the morning. Once he was in bed I did a Happy Dance. No, I didn't dance because he is hurting, I did the dance because he TOLD me he is hurting. Finally, we have reached the point where he can tell us rather than us needing to guess what is wrong. HOORAY!!! Unfortunately, this morning he came in to tell me his ears still hurt. While we were eating breakfast he told me "when I burp with my mouth closed, my ears really hurt." What could I do but laugh and tell him sorry. At least he burped with his mouth closed. We head out to the doctor in about 15 minutes, and we will see what they say (gee, I wonder). Happy Saturday.

1 comment:

Art and Evelyn said...

We have bad luck with ears in our family too, so this is my newest thought: tubes as soon as these little boogers are born! What do you think? Then, I don't have to go through multiple infections until they finally recommend me to the ENT and I would save tons of money and have a lot less sleepless nights with tubes at birth. Are you with me?? I think we should press for it! Ev