Saturday, September 15, 2007

Ride 'em Cowboy




Today was the big day!

I loaded up the boys and a picnic lunch and off we went on our big adventure of the day, maybe even the year. Both boys got the chance to ride Cheyenne and loved it. Thomas has no fear and was happy to ride with Elise or just by himself. Jerry even got in on the fun and rode around the ring a couple times with Elise. Thomas was having so much fun and even got to trot and canter around the ring a bit. Both boys had a blast petting and loving on Cheyenne. Thomas also got to feed her apples out of his hand. Little fingers and hands make it a little difficult to feed a horse, but with some help he managed. After our fun horse adventures, we got to have a picnic lunch on the lawn. Also, the boys played with Walter the dog the entire time we were there. The weather was perfect, so we all just enjoyed being outside. Thanks so much to Elise for letting us invade her zoo, and thanks to Bradford for helping lift and wrangle and protect the kids (little boys need protecting from excited chocolate labs).

If being dirty is any indication of having fun, both boys had a blast. Both had dirt in all kinds of places from hair to ears to between toes. Maybe next time Jerry should wear something a little better than sandals. Hey, maybe next time I might even get to ride. Not very often that I'm jealous of my kids, but today definitely qualified. If I got up, we would have been riding to the hospital to get me off. I don't think the doctors would approve of horseback riding 18 days before my delivery date.

Thanks again to everybody for helping us have such a fun and exciting day. I am sure I will be hearing about it for weeks to come, as well as a chorus of "when can we go back?" Next time you see the boys, ask them about their horseback adventures.

And for all you Granberry's, we passed the NC State chicken coops on our way to see the horse. I pointed out the cows and chicken coops to Thomas. He asked if we could go catch one of those chickens. All I could do was laugh and say I didn't think the school would like it if we did that. Good thing we didn't have a leash in the truck too.

No comments: