Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Keeping Secrets

Connections are a wonderful thing. Knowing the right people can be very helpful and lots of fun for all of us.

Thomas has decided he wants a horse. Yes, I know most kids go through the "I want a pony" stage. Thomas wants a horse with spots, black and white big spots. We looked at pictures of horses of various breeds online the other day and the one he picked is called a Gypsy Vanner. These beautiful horses were bred specifically to pull gypsy carts across Europe. They look a lot like a Clydesdale, one of the breeds mixed to create the Gypsy. Maybe he likes it subconsciously because my mother used to threaten to sell me to the gypsies. Hmmmmmmm, sounds like a fitting threat for him now too :)

I decided to see if we could get Thomas close enough to touch a horse. Yes, he got to pet Aunt Libby's horses a while ago, but he doesn't remember that. As much as we would love to go back down to Charlotte for this adventure, my body just won't allow it at the time. So, we turn to closer alternatives. We have a new friend, I think Thomas is in love with her, who happens to live not to far from us and has a horse of her own. Saturday we are taking Thomas and Jerry to meet Cheyanne the horse and take a little pasture ride (while I sit and watch with camera in hand).

Many of you know little four year olds get most excited at any adventure, no matter how small. Well, this is a huge adventure. To save my ears and sanity, I am not telling the little guy what we are doing. Maybe I'll tell him Saturday morning, but it might just be better to surprise him altogether when we pull up to the house. So next time you see Thomas, don't spill the beans on our next great adventure.

Stay tuned for pictures and tales from the day, you know they are coming!

No comments: