Sunday, April 02, 2006

Our Life

Life is busy, but what do you expect with two kids. Thomas is 3 now and we are making a serious attempt at potty training (any suggestions?). He loves Rescue Heroes and Thomas the Train. Energy is seldom lacking on the Thomas end, which keeps mommy on her toes and patience at the top of the must-have list. Thomas loves to take care of "baby brother Jerry" and is a huge help and sometimes too much help. We are continuing to work on sign language and letters and numbers, He also knows more animals than a kid should, too bad we don't have animal planet anymore.

Jerry is a whole two months old in a few hours and is cute as can be, but we are a bit partial. He weighs in at a little over 13 pounds now, big boy. He smiles and loves to talk to us and make all those cute baby sounds. Unlike Thomas, Jerry does not sleep all the time and we are doing good to get one good nap (1 1/2 to 2 hours). Before too long he can start teaching aerobic classes with all the moving he does. To those of you who knew his namesake, he is built just like him with all upper torso and short little legs.

Tyler stays busy with work and is doing a fabulous job making it possible for me to stay home with the kids. He plays with the kids when he is home and is totally supportive of me and lets me run away every now and then. He is also encouraging Jerry to walk across the room as I type and making progress (6 steps now).

As for me, I still have all my hair, even with all the times I want to pull it out. All my boys keep me more than busy and less than rested, but we are happy. Somehow the laundry never ends, I always smell like baby surprises, and my house is far from spotless, but I wouldn't trade it for anything (well, maybe a maid, chef, and lawn care service). I am still teaching and looking for more students to help pay for all those student loans.

Screaming kid calls, but 10:30 at night is better than 3 am.

No comments: