Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Beans, Beans, good for your Sanity

The beans seem to be working. Thomas did great with them yesterday. Today he got to put in some honesty beans. He ate some of my yogurt, which I had placed high and in the back of the fridge, without asking. Even though he knew he would get in trouble, he told the truth and got beans. This afternoon, however, was not so good. He got mad because he didn't want to take a nap. He started kicking the door and throwing a fit. We have talked before about being mad is ok, as is yelling into or punching a pillow, but destroying things is not ok. I told him after naps we would have to take out good choice beans. After his nap, Thomas came down and told me he needed to take out good choice beans. He wasn't happy about it, but kept reminding me that he needed to take them out. It would seem that the concept has sunk in. Let's hope it continues to go well and be a positive learning experience.

We are all looking forward to next week. Grandparents and aunts and uncles are coming into town. Thomas is counting days and I can't wait for the adult contact. Oh yeah, and there's that Turkey holiday too. The break and change in routine will be good for me, I mean us.

Anyone want to help Tyler with this dastardly truck rebuild? We need it done soon, really. I am starting to hate the truck I love. Please, no more bad luck with this thing.

Moments of the day. Thomas built train tracks for me. Jerry kept his diaper on all day. Michael slept on my friend through most of rehearsal and made cute babe noises. Tyler helped me as I tried to get out the door with all my stuff and running late.

No comments: