Monday, April 02, 2007

Creature of Habit?

Yes folks, I did it again. Saturday I auditioned to sing the National Anthem for the local small ball team, the Carolina Mudcats.

Tyler was working 2 hours away, so the boys got to go with me, fun for all. As we got close enough to see the baseball water tower Thomas said "It's the baseball place!" A good friend of mine was one of the judges, so I tracked her down and gave her a hard time for not letting the pregnant lady with 2 small kids go first. Oh well, it was worth a shot. The boys ran around and impressed everyone with their royal cuteness and had a grand time. Thomas kept asking where the "baseball men" were. After almost an hour and a half of auditions and screeches it was my turn. Thomas stood on the field with one of the coordinators, and I held Jerry. Jerry decided that he wanted to audition too and helped me in several places with his sweet baby harmony. When I was done, we turned around and Jerry blew kisses to the judges (my friend and two other mommy-type ladies), and Thomas waved. Really, who wouldn't melt at a cute little bugger blowing kisses at you, MMMMMMMMMMMMMWA?

I should know this week if I made the cuts (um, I don't see it being a problem, and I don't say that as a snob). Once we have game dates, you can bet we will post and invite everybody to come listen and have fun. Just ask the people who came last year, it's a blast. Besides, you can point and laugh at the big fat pregnant lady singing in the ridiculous NC heat and humidity. You may now all start saying prayers that they ask me to sing at the very beginning and the very end of the season, to avoid the worst of the heat.

No comments: