Tuesday, September 26, 2006

For Amanda

Disclaimer: My dear sister, Aunt Amanda, is in Greece, and is requesting blog activity. She seems to think that Thomas poured honey all over the computer since there hasn't been a post in the last couple weeks. Please forgive any seemingly ridiculous posts from now until January. They are the small little things that go on around here so we can keep her informed of what her favorite nephews are doing.

Amanda, here are the pictures of Jerry in the Teddy Bear outfit, just like I promised. Sorry, none of Thomas in his "Cranky" outfit yet. Isn't his grandpa face/mouth so funny?!? Can you tell he is all over the place?

We went to Hickory to visit grandmamma/Gingams on Saturday. While there Thomas shared little individual bags of cookies with cousin Andrew. Thomas ate his bag rather quickly, imagine that. While we were there, he kept trying to eat the bag he gave to Andrew. There was also another extra bag so the boys would have choices. I went to the bathroom, and when I came out I saw my aunt SJ make a little circle with her fingers and point at a cookie on the floor. The gesture was aimed at her sister, my wonderful mother. I think she may have also said something along the lines of she (me) hasn't noticed. I did notice. Thomas had opened the bag and helped himself to the cookies. When I asked Thomas what he was doing he said "I have a big idea!" Of course he is smiling and puts his little hands out to the side like this was something very great and exciting. Now, you tell me, how easy is it to keep a straight face and tell your kid he should not have done this when your mother and aunt are laughing almost to tears mere feet away? All I could say was" Yeah, it was a big idea."

Oh well, what are you going to do?

Thomas also knows that Aunt Amanda is in Greece. He also knows it is a long way away. He has no idea what he is saying, but he knows where she is.

He also loves teh movie Cars. His favorites are McQueen and Cranky (aka Mater). Any time the song comes on the radio he asks me to turn it up loud. I feel a soundtrack purchase coming on, and oh yes, the movie will be added to our collection.

ON the Jerry front. The kid crawls EVERYWHERE!! Nothing is safe around here. He found a crayon Thomas left on the floor, attempted to eat it, colored his face, and also colored my carpet. Yep, we went from red marker (which came out) to purple crayon on the carpet (I have yet to work on getting the crayon out). He also hates to be alone. If you walk away, he will follow you. We also had our first ear infection today. Hey, Amanda, he had wax buildup in his ear and Dr. DeFlora couldn't see in one of his ears. Jerry also likes to sit up in his bed and try to pull himself up. He as successfully pulled himself to standing on several occasions, but not in the crib yet.

The boys love to play together. Thomas can make Jerry laugh like nothing else. He finds something that makes Jerry laugh and then does it over and over. Both of them will sit there and laugh and laugh and laugh. I can't tell you how many times Thomas says "Jerry's awake! I go get him." Thomas runs upstairs and I take my time. What, it isn't like he's crying or anything. When I get to Jerry's room I find Thomas in the crib playing with baby brother. Very very cute. One day I will think to take a picture.

No comments: