Friday, September 08, 2006

Big Baby

Jerry had his 6 month checkup today, and surprise, he's huge.

The kid is now 20 lb 2 oz and 30 inches long. That would be 75% for weight and 95% for height. I think Tyler may be right in saying we know who the father is, but the mom is still in question. How on earth is a kid of mine that tall?!?!

The doc also said don't even bother with baby food, it will run us broke (in my head I said "You mean, more broke?"). She said go for the table food. Give him the same stuff Thomas eats, just smaller, minus the few foods like eggs, PB, honey, and the others you are "supposed" to stay away from for a little longer.

Yup, he's a tank.

Also, the bugger, cute bugger, started crawling last night. Boy am I in for it now. Thomas running and Jerry crawling. Say goodbye to the hair I have left. Dare, I have no idea how you do it with twins (HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY BOYS!!!). Jerry does the military low crawl (daddy is proud of this one), on his hands and knees, and on his hands and toes. Yep, you got it, he is ready to walk now, and I am so not ready. Tyler says it is payback for me enouraging Thomas to crawl and walk early. Whatever.

Just for fun, we measured the rest of us, well, those of us home this afternoon, and the results are in. Thomas is 34.2 lbs and 39 inches tall. He grew 3 inches since March. Sounds like time for new clothes, again. Mom is an undertermined/unmentioned lbs and now 5'1". For those of you keeping score, that is an inch taller than I have been since I was 15. Granted, Aunt Amanda did the measuring, but I will take what I can get. In case you are math challenged like I am, this also puts Jerry at 1/2 my height. No joke, the kid is half my height already, and Thomas is an inch shy of 2/3 my height. In my math brain, the kids should be an average of mom and dad's height, guess not. Aren't genetics fun in how they can fool us?

Love and hugs to all of you, since I am sure we haven't seen you lately. And with Aunt Amanda being in Greece for a semester abroad, there will likely be more frequent posts to keep her up to date. Sorry Amanda, no webcams here yet for you to see the boys. This will have to do for now.

Take care and enjoy!

No comments: