Thursday, August 23, 2007

Lunch is Messy

PB is a staple in our house, and probably most houses are no different. I am sitting here watching my child eat, and I use the word "eat" loosely, and wondering why I continue to feed it to him. Most of it is on his face, shirt, hands, table, and anything else his grubby little fingers touch. Daily we clean PB out of hair, ears, and nose. Looks like we need to add eyebrows and eyelashes to the list today. Here is how we eat PB, or any sandwich, in our house. Mom makes the sandwich. After "amen" the sandwich is dissected to open face. It is then shoved onto fingers like rings and all innards sucked off (jelly is a particular favorite for the slurping noise). After more smearing and sucking, it comes time for the dreaded wipe down. Why do I subject myself to this event on an almost daily basis. You would think by now I would be feeding them something less messy. I guess the inexpensive and easy fix outweighs the mess. And sometimes it is kinda funny, like finding PB up the nose hours later. Time for the power wash...

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Rachel!!! Just found your blog again. I totally sympathize with the after-meal clean up. 18 months is the age where they most certainly do NOT want to be fed (they'd rather starve than have help with eating), but letting them do it by themselves is a disaster. I feel kind of like the old saying says, "It be easier to have another baby than clean this one up." :)